Thursday, January 3, 2013

CM Evans Thanks Commissioners



At our December ANC meeting, Councilmember Jack Evans thanked me and the outgoing Commissioners for doing a great job serving the Dupont Circle community.  Jack gave each of us a Proclamation from the DC Council acknowledging our service (pictured at left).  I was previously honored by the Commissioners who appointed me as the ANC's Chairman Emeritus, after having served as Secretary, Vice Chair and Chairman for several terms.

I look forward to working with the new Commissioners, including Noah Smith who is succeeding me as our representative for SMD 2B09.   It was an honor and a privilege to have served as your representative for the past decade...your first Commissioner after our Single Member District was redistricted from Ward 1 to Ward 2.

I have developed some wonderful relationships with  community leaders, neighbors, and businesses in our neighborhood and the DC Government and I hope to continue my efforts to improve our quality of life here in 2B09.  See you in the neighborhood!